Custom Search

Monday 11 January 2010

.acdx The Atheist: Part 1

Hey guys!

So yes! I have gone corporate. I decided to put Adsense on my blog to hopefully generate a little bit of revenue and to basically say thank you to Google for letting us have this blogging service for free! That isn't the reason for this post!

To let the people who don't know me/ know of me get to know me (wow I could word this better) a little bit better I thought I would share with you my beliefs. I am an Athiest. I won't get into much detail about when I realised and stuff like that, that will be another time. No, this is my mission statement of you like about my beliefs and my thoughts on religion.

This is taken from a bulletin I posted on Myspace but I doubt I will get much debate sparking over there so I thought I would post it here:

I'm not one of those atheist's you see who is attack, attack, attack!

OK I might not believe in what I consider a fairytale but I'm not going to attack you on your beliefs. That goes into a totally different subject of free thinking and freedom of speech. That is your (you could say god given) right as a human being to do what you want, say what you want, believe what you want... and so on.

I might laugh at your beliefs but I (like the majority of atheists), respect people for what they are, not their beliefs or opinions.

I would never go out my way to physically or mentally harm (OK Fundamenalist Islamic extremists maybe) you.

We are not like you. We do not believe what we have been told to believe. We do not spread the words of hatred in our streets. We do not attack you. That is what you do. Violence is part of any religion. You literally fight for your beliefs. You kill. You harm. You destroy. We listen. We look around us.

Technically we are all atheists. Religious people choose a god to believe in and any other variation, you try to disprove everyone else's God. Think about that.

So like I said, you are a friend of mine if you treat me like an individual. What you believe should not dictate the company you keep. Don't get me wrong, I like to debate, I like to prove you wrong but I am not going to be a dick about it. I won't swear my head off, I won't threaten you.

That is all I have to say.

.acdx

1 comment:

  1. I don't believe in god. I have a friend that doesn't believe in god either but he's annoying about it and constantly prattles on about the ignorance of religion, blah blah. It's really irritating, haha. It's as if he's trying to convert me into being annoying as well.

    Oh well.

    ReplyDelete